Karin Aggestam is Professor of Political Science. She is currently the Director of the Centre for Advanced Middle Eastern Studies (CMES), Scientific Coordinator of the Strategic Research Area (SRA) Middle East in the Contemporary World (MECW) and Excellent Teaching Practitioner (ETP) at the Teaching Academy at Lund University. She previously held the Samuel Pufendorf Endowed Chair (2016-2020) and was the former Director of Peace & Conflict Studies (2005-2014). Karin is Honorary Professor at University of Queensland, Adjunct Professor at Monash University, and Regional Editor of European Journal of International Security.
Karin's current research interest is focused on peace diplomacy, hydro-politics, gender, conflict analysis, foreign policy, negotiation/mediation, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and Middle East politics. She has published nine books, numerous international journal articles and book chapters as well as many contributions to Handbooks on Peaceful Change in International Relations, Conflict Resolution, Diplomacy, Environmental Peacebuilding, Women, Peace, Security, Political Psychology and Middle East Security.
Visar av publikationer. Sorterade efter år och sen titel.
Ongoing research projects
- Gendering Peace Mediation (collaboration with Monash University and University of London)
- Rethinking Peace Diplomacy
- Digital Diplomacy in a Turbulent World (collaboration with Monash University)
- Comparative Gender and Foreign Policy Analysis (collaboration with Monash University)
- Gender, Diplomacy and International Negotiation (collaboration with Gothenburg University)
Högupplöst bild på Karin Aggestam.