Karin Aggestam is Professor of Political Science, Director of the Centre for Advanced Middle Eastern Studies and Scientific Coordinator of the Strategic Research Area (SRA) Middle East in the Contemporary World (MECW). She is also Adjunct Professor at Monash University, Australia, Honorary Professor at University of Queensland and Excellent Teaching Practitioner (ETP) at the Teaching Academy at Lund University. Karin previously held the Samuel Pufendorf Endowed Chair in 2016-2020 and was the director of Peace & Conflict Studies 2005-2014.
Karin's current interdisciplinary research interests include peace diplomacy, foreign policy, gender, and Middle East politics. She has published 9 books and her articles have appeared in international journals, such as International Affairs, Foreign Policy Analysis, Ethics and International Affairs, Journal of International Relations, Millennium. Third World Quarterly, International Feminst Journal of Politics and others. She has contributed to numerous leading international Handbooks on Foreign Policy Analysis (Oxford University Press), Conflict Resolution (Sage), Diplomacy (Sage), Political Psychology (Palgrave), Women, Peace and Security (Oxford University Press), Peaceful Change in International Relations (Oxford University Press), Environmental Peacebuilding (Routledge), and Middle East Security (Routledge).
Visar av publikationer. Sorterade efter år och sen titel.
Ongoing research projects
- Gendering Peace Mediation (collaboration with Monash University and University of London)
- Rethinking Peace Diplomacy
- Digital Diplomacy in a Turbulent World (collaboration with Monash University)
- Comparative Gender and Foreign Policy Analysis (collaboration with Monash University)
- Gender, Diplomacy and International Negotiation (collaboration with Gothenburg University)
Högupplöst bild på Karin Aggestam.