Public Administration Theory
This group brings together researchers in political science and law, based in Lund, Malmö, Göteborg and Växjö. Past and present research projects deal with overarching themes such as marketisation, depoliticisation, juridification, projectification, Europeanisation and bureaucratisation - focusing on, amongst other things, New Public Management, health care reform, expert rule, climate politics, social investment funds, the European social fund, self-driving cars and artificial intelligence.
Public administration takes place at all political levels - international, national, regional and local, in democracies as well as authoritarian regimes. Also, issues of government and organisation cannot be limited to the public sector but are also relevant in private companies and civil society. Therefore, we are open to new members from a wide range of research fields and disciplines to take part in our activities.
Contact: Linda Nyberg (linda [dot] nyberg [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se)
- Utilizing situated knowledge: Social investments as instruments for local government and organization? Researchers: Mats Fred, Patrik Hall, Dalia Mukhtar-Landgren, Kettil Nordesjö. Funding: Forte.
- Back to work? Sick people ́s experiences of Swedish sick insurance politics. Researchers: Niklas Altermark. Funding: Forte.
- Bending the bars of the iron cage: Bureaucracy and the politics of administrative simplification. Researchers: Linda Nyberg. Funding: Forte.
- Expected leave? The impact of health providers' and social security officers' approaches on well-being and work ability among patients with chronic pain. Researchers: Stina Melander, Emma Bäck, Hanna Bäck, Tove Lundberg, Marie Gustafsson Sendén. Funding: Afa försäkring.
- The Citizen as Customer - How are the social rights of elderly people affected by privatisations? Researchers: Mirjam Katzin. PhD project.
- Knowledge Regimes at Work – The Role of Knowledge in Welfare Collaboration. Researchers: Josef Chaib. PhD project.
- Ideological bureaucracy – Swedish and Spanish implementation of the gender equality objectives within the European Social Fund (ESF) 2007-2014. Researchers: Vanja Carlsson. PhD project.
- Illiberal Deliberation. Communist Regime Travel Regulations During the Cold War. Researcher: Astrid Hedin. Funding: Axel and Margaret Ax:son Johnson Foundation.
- Altermark Niklas & Nilsson, Hampus (2018) Crafting the "Well-Rounded Citizen": Empowerment and the Government of Counterradicalization. International Political Sociology, 12(1):53-69
- Kronsell, Annica & Mukhtar-Landgren, Dalia (2018) Experimental Governance: The Role of Municipalities in Urban Living Labs. European planning studies
- Fred, Mats (2018) Projectification: The Trojan horse of local government. Faculty of Social Science, Lund University, 230
- Altermark, Niklas (2017). Hur legitimeras socialpolitiska besparingar? Konstruktionen av personlig assistans som ett "kostnadsproblem". Socialvetenskaplig Tidskrift, 24(2)
- Altermark, Niklas (2017). “The post-institutional era: visions of history in research on intellectual disability”. Disability & Society, 32(9):1315-1332
- Nyberg, Linda (2017) Market Bureaucracy – Neoliberalism, Competition and EU State Aid Policy. Avhandling. Lund: Lund University Publication
- Hedin, Astrid (2016) Cold war isomorphism: communist regimes and the West European model of worker participation. European Journal of Cultural and Political Sociology, 3 (2-3): 201-242
For more publications: Please visit the personal pages of our researchers by clicking on their respective names in the list under the headline "Researchers in the group".
Researchers in the group
- Altermark, Niklas
- Bergström, Tomas
- Carlsson, Vanja, Ph.D. Candidate, School of public administration, Gothenburg
- Chaib, Josef
- Fred, Mats
- Gusic, Ivan
- Gustafsson, Sofie, University of Gothenburg
- Hedin, Astrid
- Hedlund, Maria
- Hildingsson, Roger
- Katzin, Mirjam, Ph.D. Candidate, Law Department
- Knaggård, Åsa
- Kylsäter, Mikael
- Lennhag, Mi
- Melander, Stina
- Mukhtar-Landgren, Dalia
- Nyberg, Linda
- Rosén Sundström, Malena
- Schulman, Sarah
- Stripple, Johannes
- Stubbergaard, Ylva