The Political Science Department's extensive research makes us one of the largest research environments in political science in Sweden and we feel proud of our ability to attract external funding.
A large number of research projects are ongoing at the department at any given time. In many cases these can be classified as belonging to one or more of the department's thematic research groups.
Current research projects
- At the End of the World: A Transdisciplinary Approach to the Apocalyptic Imaginary in the Past and Present
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in a Changing Climate (BECC)
- Civil society elites? Comparing elite composition, reproduction, integration and contestation in European civil societies
- Climate-neutral cities 2030 - Open Academy
- Consequences of securitization: A comparative study of Sweden's and Denmarks threat construction of the A(H1N1) and Covid-19 epidemics
- Digital Diplomacy in a Turbulent World
- Divided Parliaments? Polarization, Moralization, and the Risk of Gridlock
- Envisioning forest management practices for a fossil free society in the face of goal conflicts and uncertainties
- Gendering Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- How will different distributions of responsibility affect the long-term development of Artificial Intelligence?
- Investment Citizenship Industry: Exploring Power and Legitimacy in Global Governance
- Migration policy and the welfare state in comparative and historical perspective
- Military as an 'agent of change' for gender-relations in post-conflict societies?
- Narrating Climate Futures
- Nature of Peace – The dynamics between post-conflict peacebuilding and environmental protection
- New roles in a hostile world? How liberal states are changing their foreign policy in a new security environment
- Pathways to Breaking the Fossil Fuel Lock-In: Assessing the Influence of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals on Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform
- Pilots for transforming the transport sector through energy efficient buildings
- Plastics in a circular society: Alternative organising beyond resource efficiency
- Political deliberation in welfare state development
- Policing, Schooling, and Health Care in Historical and Comparative Perspective
- Politics of State-Building: Studying Investments in State Capacity Through Legislative Debates
- Preconditions for a modern civil defence
- Pushing the boundaries of peace research
- Responsibility for Climate Adaptation across Political Levels, Sectors and Public-Private Boundaries (ReClAd)
- Transformative partnerships for sustainable development. Assessing synergies, effectiveness, and legitimacy of UN multistakeholder partnerships for the 2030 Agenda
- Troubling Testimonies. Knowledge production through Yazidi women’s war narratives
Our doctoral students are also engaged in many exciting dissertation projects which are presented on their personal pages.