The Political Science Department's extensive research makes us one of the largest research environments in political science in Sweden and we feel proud of our ability to attract external funding.
A large number of research projects are ongoing at the department at any given time. In many cases these can be classified as belonging to one or more of the department's thematic research groups.
Current research projects
- A price on carbon emissions: What makes states adopt carbon pricing policies?
- Bending the bars of the iron cage: bureaucracy and the politics of administrative simplification
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem services in a changing climate (BECC)
- Civil society elites? Comparing elite composition, reproduction, integration and contestation in European civil societies
- Civil Society Elites: New Perspectives on Civil Society in Cambodia and Indonesia
- Climate Imaginaries: Narrating socio-cultural transitions to a post-fossil society
- Digital Diplomacy in a Turbulent World
- Divine Ganges, Profane Development: Sacred Geographies and the Governing of Pollution
- EconClim – International Economic Institutions and Domestic Actors in the Climate Regime Complex
- Envisioning forest management practices for a fossil free society in the face of goal conflicts and uncertainties
- FutureWalks: Developing new communicative tools to grasp and sense a climate changed world
- Gendering Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- How will different distributions of responsibility affect the long-term development of Artificial Intelligence?
- Intervention by Invitation: Why States Ask for Help
- LegGov - Legitimacy in Global Governance
- Migration policy and the welfare state in comparative and historical perspective
- Narrating Climate Futures
- New roles in a hostile world? How liberal states are changing their foreign policy in a new security environment
- Organizing innovation: learning from pilots and testlabs
- Pathways to Breaking the Fossil Fuel Lock-In: Assessing the Influence of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals on Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform
- Pilots for transforming the transport sector through energy efficient buildings
- Policing, Schooling, and Health Care in Historical and Comparative Perspective
- Precariousness at Work: Women Employees in Nordic Companies Outsourced to China, India, and Vietnam
- Preconditions for a modern civil defence
- Pushing the boundaries of peace research
- Responsibility for Climate Adaptation across Political Levels, Sectors and Public-Private Boundaries (ReClAd)
- Rethinking Peace Diplomacy
- Share or Spare? Explaining the Nature and Determinants of Climate Finance Coordination
- STANCE: State-Making and the Origins of Global Order in the Long Nineteenth Century and Beyond
- Sustainable Distribution of Responsibility for Climate Change Adaptation
- Sweden as a Norm Entrepreneur: The Case of the Feminist Foreign Policy
- The consequences of securitization: A comparative study of Sweden's and Denmarks threat construction of the A(H1N1) and Covid-19 epidemics
- The military as an 'agent of change' for gender-relations in post-conflict societies?
- The Nature of Peace – The dynamics between post-conflict peacebuilding and environmental protection
- The New Urban Challenge? Models of Sustainable Welfare in Swedish Metropolitan Cities
- The politics of state-building: Studying investments in state capacity through legislative debates
- The Politics of World Heritage
- V-Dem: Varieties of Democracy
- Vulnerable Cities
- Woodworlds – Stories of desire and grief in Swedish forests
Our doctoral students are also engaged in many exciting dissertation projects which are presented on their personal pages.