Peace and Conflict Studies
Peace and conflict studies is a multidisciplinary subject which seeks different perspective on conflict analysis and peacebuilding.
The courses are intended for students who wish to apply multidisciplinary perspectives to issues of war, conflict analysis and peacebuilding and are offered every second term.
The following courses are offered on the bachelor level entirely in English and are available for both programme students as well as exchange students who apply through their international coordinator.
- Diplomacy, Negotiation and Mediation
- International Criminal Justice: When Law meets Politics
- International Ethics, Justice and War
- Peace in the 21st Century: Critical Debates on Violence, Justice, and Peace
The following courses are offered part-time on the intermediate level in English and are available to Swedish students as well as exchange students who apply through their international coordinator.
If you have a bachelor's degree in Peace and conflict studies, you are eligible for a master's programme, for example our master's programme in European Affairs.
Research in peace and conflict studies is multidisciplinary, comprising disciplines such as political science, international law, intelligence analysis, history, social anthropology and economic history.
- War, conflict, terrorism
- International security
- Peacekeeping interventions and defence
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Democratisation, economic development and state reconstruction
- International law, norms and human rights
- Intelligence analysis, technology and defence doctrines
Where? Eden 236.
When? To be announced.
How? Open seminar for all interested.