Here you can find information for all newly admitted students to the Department of Political Science. The information below targets students that will be studying:
– Political Science or
– Peace and Conflict Studies
We are happy to welcome you to the Department of Political Science at Lund University!
Please see important information below for acceptance of our offer for the start of your studies in autumn 2022.
On these pages, you can find information about:
- Admission letter from the programme or course you have been admitted to
- Waiting list
- General information when you are new in Lund
- Information for admitted exchange students
- Search for your schedule (use the course code)
- MSc in European Affairs (SAMEA and the course European Governance (STVP30))
- MSc in Welfare Policies and Management (SAWEM and the course Welfare Regimes in Transition. Comparative Perspectives on Policies, Management and Reform (WPMP01))
- Political Science: European Governance (STVP30)
- Political Science: Everyday Europe. Understanding European Integration from the Ground Up (STVN23)
- Political Science: International Political Economy and Development (STVC05)
- Political Science: Ontological Security Studies (STVN20)
- Political Science: Policy Processes – Actors, Causes and Consequences (STVN22)
- Political Science: Political Science Methodology (STVN14)
- Political Science: The Politics of Development (STVC02)
Are you on the waiting list to one of our courses or programmes? Do not forget to accept your offer. Students that have applied in the September 15 – October 15 admission round must reply to any offer as latest as midnight (Swedish time) on July 22. The selection results from the second notification will be published on July 28, we will thereafter approach students on the reserve list. Please note that there is nothing you can do to affect your reserve placement. If offered a spot, you will be contacted by email no later than September 2.
Please note that students on the waiting list have the same opportunity as admitted students to take part in the student housing lottery if it is the first time you have been admitted to Lund and you have not lived in the area before.
Web registration is mandatory and must be done before the semester starts. You must at latest register yourself on the last day of registration in order not to lose your study place. If you are conditionally accepted, you cannot register online but must instead contact the department according to the information in the information letter you will receive on the last day of registration at latest.
In addition to attending the compulsory introduction meeting, we require unconditionally accepted students to courses from intermediate to master level to register online via Ladok for students through the Student Portal. Please register during the week leading up to the start of the academic semester. Once your registration has been completed you will get access to the Canvas course platform within 24 hours.
Web registration periods for the autumn semester:
- for courses in period 3: registration period August 22 – August 29
- for courses in period 4: registration period October 24 – October 30
Conditionally admitted students will not be able to register online until their eligibility has been confirmed. Please contact the academic advisors during the first week of the semester and prove your eligibility to register for the course.
Your student account
Once you have been admitted to study at Lund University, you need to activate your student account and thereafter register via Ladok. You can only activate the account a few days after you have received the final Notification of Selection Results. Your student account consists of a student ID and password and gives you electronic access to most services and resources that the University has to offer you as a student.
You must also register in Ladok if you are to continue studying on your education program, or freestanding course, and you already have an active student account. Please contact the support at Lund University (servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se) if you have any problems with your student account contact
How to register:
- Log-in to the Student Portal with your student account
- Change the language to English by clicking Change Language in the top right corner of the web site.
- Choose the tab labelled “Registration” and then “Course/programme registration”.
- Choose semester and the alternatives you can register to should be listed.
- Choose alternatives and click on register/save.
Please note: If you do not attend the compulsory introduction meeting or fail to register on time you will lose your place and it will be offered to another applicant.
Experiencing problems for a course on undergraduate level?
If you have received a conditional offer and or faced technical difficulties completing your registration, we can help you with it at the compulsory course introduction meeting. For more information on when are where this takes place, please check your welcome letter.
Experiencing problems for a course on graduate level?
If you have received a conditional offer please visit the academic advisors at the department to clear any remaining eligibility requirement and finalising your course registration. Please note that this has to be done not later than the first day of the course.
Below we have gathered a few links to the central university website covering the most important practical aspects of your time as a newly admitted student:
- Student services
- Students with disabilities
- Health and insurance
- Sports and exercise
- Cultural activities
- Faith and spirituality
- Learning Swedish
Course registrations for exchange students
Exchange students shall not use the web registration for the Department of Political Science’s courses. You will instead be registered by our international coordinator Helen Fogelin.
Compulsory introduction meetings at undergraduate level:
You can find your schedule in our Schedule portal by searching on the course code or course name of the courses you are planning to study
Department of Political Science
Contact Your Academic Advisor
Daniel Alfons, room 232
Telephone hours: Thursdays 10–12
Telephone: 046-222 89 50
Mats Janér, room 233
Telephone hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10–12
Telephone: 046-222 80 48
Lidija Lindoff, room 231 B
Drop-in: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10–11.45
Telephone: 046-222 89 38
Feel free to book an appointment with us!
E-mail: studievagledare [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se