The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

After your doctoral studies

Administrative & logistical support

Upon terminating your contract as a doctoral student employee, please get in touch with Helen Fogelin about equipment you need to return (such as your computer, LU card, etc.). And remember to apply for your degree certificate!

Contact info to Helen Fogelin (helen [dot] fogelin [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se (helen[dot]fogelin[at]svet[dot]lu[dot]se))

Remember to apply for your degree certificate!

Link to pages about how to apply for your degree certificate

Job and research funding opportunities after doctoral studies

Consult the university’s staff page on research funding (with detailed lists of funders and guides for applying and reporting). Remember that all research funding applications have to be approved and signed by the Head of Department. It is therefore important to contact the Head of Department before beginning any application planning.

Detailed guide to research funding by the department’s doctoral student council; for access, contact the council chair.

Link to the university’s staff page on research funding

Further information on these pages on applying for research funding

See also:

Beginner’s Guide to Swedish Academy by the young academy of Sweden


Do you have questions regarding your employment? Please, contact:

Deputy Head of Doctoral Studies
Ted Svensson
E-mail: ted [dot] svensson [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se (ted[dot]svensson[at]svet[dot]lu[dot]se)
Telephone: +46 46 222 03 43

Do you have questions regarding your education? Please, contact:

Director of Doctoral Studies
Sara Kalm
Telephone: +46 46 222 01 58
E-mail: sara [dot] kalm [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se (sara[dot]kalm[at]svet[dot]lu[dot]se)