PhD | Researcher
Main research or teaching areas
- Feminist foreign policy
- Humanitarianism and development
- Disaster, vulnerability, and trauma
- Qualitative research methodology
Current teaching and research
My main research interests include feminist foreign policy; humanitarianism and development; disaster, vulnerability, and trauma; qualitative research methodology.
Together with my colleague Malena Rosén Sundström, I am a co-PI on the project ”Sweden as a Norm Entrepreneur: The Case of the Feminist Foreign Policy”, financed by Riskbankens Jubileumsfonden (2020-2022). Our colleague Ole Elgström acts as a senior advisor on the project.
Previously, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Gender Studies (Lund University), working on the role of gender in humanitarian projects to disaster survivors. I was also a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Communication (University of Copenhagen), where I looked at the influence of social media on humanitarian photography.
I got my PhD in Political Science from Aarhus University where I studied how different states address long-term consequences of nuclear disasters. I spent my PhD stay abroad at the Department of Sociology at Yale University.
I teach courses on different methodologies in qualitative research (e.g., fieldwork, interviews, discourse analysis, etc.) and supervise master and bachelor theses. In particular, I teach at:
- Bachelor's Thesis in International Development Studies (BIDS – STVK12)
- Master's Thesis in Global Studies & Social Studies of Gender, Political Science Major (SIMV)
- Master's course “Gender, Global Development, and Postcolonialism” (SIMS39)
- Master's course “Fieldwork” (SIMR50) + "Fieldwork" (SIMM25)
- Master's course “The Social Scientific Research Design and Process” (SIMM51)
- Master's/PhD course “Qualitative Analysis and Coding (using software)” (SIMM48)
Since 2018, I have been a founding member of the Anthropology of Humanitarianism Network (AHN - The European Association of Social Anthropologists - EASA). During 2021-2023, I will be serving as the AHN's Co-Convener together with Andrea Steinke from The Center for Humanitarian Action (CHA) in Berlin.
Since 2020, I am also an affiliated researcher with the Copenhagen Centre for Political Mobilisation and Social Movement Studies (CoMMonS).
Displaying of publications. Sorted by year, then title.