Here you can find information for all newly admitted students to the Department of Political Science
The information below targets students that will be studying
- Political Science or
- Peace and Conflict Studies
We are happy to welcome you to the Department of Political Science at Lund University. Please see important information below for acceptance of our offer for the start of your studies in spring 2021.
On this pages, you can find information about:
- Admission letter from the programme or course you have been admitted to
- Waiting list
- General information when you are new in Lund
- Information for admitted exchange students
- Search for your schedule (use the course code)
Admission letter from the courses your have been admitted to:
- Political Science: The Politics of Development (STVC02)
- Political Science: International Political Economy and Development (STVC05)
- Political Science: Master´s (Two Years) Thesis in European Affairs (STVM23)
- Political Science: Policy-making Processes - Actors, Causes and Consequences (STVN10)
- Political Science: New and Old Nationalism (STVN19)
- Political Science: Ontological Security Studies (STVN20)
- Political Science: European Governance (STVP30)
- Political Science: Political Science Methodology (STVN14)
Are you on the waiting list to one of our courses or programmes? Do not forget to accept your offer. Students that have applied in the March 15 - April 15 admission round must reply to any offer as latest as midnight (Swedish time) on July 23. The selection results from the second notification will be published on July 29, we will thereafter approach students on the reserve list. Please note that there is nothing you can do to affect your reserve placement. If offered a spot, you will be contacted by email no later than September 3.
Please note that students on the waiting list have the same opportunity as admitted students to take part in the student housing lottery if it is the first time you have been admitted to Lund and you have not lived in the area before.
Web registration opens on August 23 and must be completed by August 30.
In addition to attending the compulsory introduction meeting, we require student who are unconditionally accepted to courses from intermediate to master level to register online via the Student Portal during the week leading up to the start of the academic semester. Once your registration has been completed you will get access to the course platform Canvas within 24 hours.
Web registration periods for the autumn semester:
for courses in period 1: registration period Augusti 23 - August 30.
for courses in period 2: registration period October 25 - November 1.
Student that are conditionally admitted will not be able to register online until their eligibility has been confirmed. Please visit the academic advisors during the first week of the semester and prove your eligibility to register for the course.
Your student account
Your student account consists of a student id and password and gives you e-access to most things on campus. If this is your first time studying at Lund University, you should have received an email with your username, password and instructions on how to activate your account to the email address you submitted when you applied. It should have been sent in conjunction with the final Notification of Selection
Results. If you cannot find it please contact the support at Lund University (servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se).
How to register
- Log-in to the Student Portal with your student account
- Change the language to English by clicking Change Language in the top right corner of the web site.
- Choose the tab labelled “Registration” and then “Course/programme registration”.
- Choose semester and the alternatives you can register to should be listed.
- Choose alternatives and click on register/save.
Please note: If you do not attend the compulsory introduction meeting or fail to register on time you will lose your place and it will be offered to another applicant.
Experiencing problems for a course on undergraduate level?
If you have received a conditional offer and or faced technical difficulties completing your registration, we can help you with it at the compulsory course introduction meeting. For more information on when are where this takes place, please check your welcome letter.
Experiencing problems for a course on graduate level?
If you have received a conditional offer please visit the academic advisors at the department to clear any remaining eligibility requirement and finalising your course registration. Please note that this has to be done not later than the first day of the course.
Below we have gathered a few links to the central university website covering the most important practical aspects of your time as a newly admitted student:
- Student services
- Students with disabilities
- Health and insurance
- Sports and exercise
- Cultural activities
- Faith and spirituality
- Learning Swedish
You do not need to register by using the web registration. You will be course registered on our (Department of Political Science’s) courses by our international coordinator Helen Fogelin.
Compulsory introduction meetings at undergraduate level
- Visual International Relations, 7,5 credits (STVC78)
When: September 2, 10-12
Where: Zoom (link will be sent out before course start)
- European Integration, 7,5 credits (STVC70)
When: August 31, 13-15
Where: Eden, room 230
- Parties and Political Behavior, 7,5 credits (STVC79)
When: August 31, 11-13
Where: Zoom (link will be sent out before course start)
- The Politics of Climate Change, 15 credits (STVC72)
When: September 2, 13-15.
Where: Eden, room 222.
You can find your schedule in our Schedule portal by searching on the course code or course name of the courses you are planning to study
Department of Political Science
Covid-19 and autumn semester 2021
Information for prospective students at the Faculty of Social Science regarding in-class campus teaching autumn semester 2021.
Contact Your Academic Advisor
Canvas (https://canvas.education.lu.se) is Lund University’s learning management platform. Here you can find information about your course, messages from your teachers as well as files and other things relevant to your course. For more information about the various functions in Canvas as well as how you can navigate in it please visit our Student Guide.