New student – Admission information
Information for students who will be studying Political Science or Peace and Conflict Studies for acceptance of our offer for the start of studies in Spring 2024.
Shortcuts to page information:
- Admission letter from the programme or course you have been admitted to
- Waiting list
- Activate your student account!
- Web registration
- Deferment – to postpone studies
- Experiencing problems for a course on undergraduate level?
- Experiencing problems for a course on graduate level?
- General information when you are new in Lund
- Information for admitted exchange students
- Search for your schedule (use the course code)
- STVB30 - Fieldwork, Internship and Research Overview & STVK12 - Bachelor´s Thesis in Development Studies
- STVC55 - Political Science: Environmental Governance
- STVC62 - Political Science: International Relations Theory in Time and Space
- STVC76 - Political Science: Comparative Politics
- STVC81 - Political Science: Political Cinéma
- STVN13 - War and Peace in a World in Transition
- STVN17 - Power, Politics and the Environment
- STVN21 - Political Science: Minorities and Ethnic-Sectarian Conflict in the Middle East
- STVN24 - Comparative Politics: Institutions and Actors
- FKVB21 - War and Peace in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- FKVC31 - Peace and Conflict Studies: Diplomacy, Negotiation and Mediation
- FKVC35 - Peace in the 21st Century: Critical Debates on Violence, Justice, and Peace
- FKVC36 - International Criminal Justice: When Law meets Politics
- STVM23 - Political Science: Master's (Two Years) Thesis in European Affairs
- STVM24 - Master's (One Year) Thesis in European Affairs
Are you on the waiting list to one of our courses or programmes? Do not forget to accept your offer. Students that have applied in the September 15–October 16 admission round must reply to offers as latest as midnight (Swedish time) on December 18. The selection results from the second notification will be published on December 21, we will thereafter approach students on the reserve list. Please note that there is nothing you can do to affect your reserve placement. If offered a spot, you will be contacted by email no later than January 19.
Please note that students on the waiting list have the same opportunity as admitted students to take part in the student housing lottery if it is the first time you have been admitted to Lund and you have not lived in the area before.
Once you have been admitted to study at Lund University, you need to activate your student account and thereafter register via Ladok. You can only activate the account a few days after you have received the final Notification of Selection Results. Your student account consists of a student ID and password and gives you electronic access to most services and resources that the University has to offer you as a student.
Register in Ladok
You must also register in Ladok if you are to continue studying on your education program, or freestanding course, and you already have an active student account. Please contact the support at Lund University (servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se) if you have any problems with your student account.
How to register:
- Log-in to the Student Portal with your student account here: https://www.student.ladok.se/student/loggain
- Change the language to English by clicking Change Language in the top right corner of the web site.
- Choose the tab labelled “Registration” and then “Course/programme registration”.
- Choose semester and the alternatives you can register to should be listed.
- Choose alternatives and click on register/save.
Please note: If you do not attend the compulsory introduction meeting or fail to register on time you will lose your place and it will be offered to another applicant.
Web registration is mandatory and must be done before the semester starts. You must at latest register yourself on the last day of registration in order not to lose your study place. If you are conditionally accepted, you cannot register online but must instead contact the department according to the information in the information letter you will receive on the last day of registration at latest.
In addition to attending the compulsory introduction meeting, we require unconditionally accepted students to courses from intermediate to master level to register online via Ladok for students through the Student Portal. Please register during the week leading up to the start of the academic semester. Once your registration has been completed, you will get access to the Canvas course platform within 24 hours.
Web registration periods for the autumn semester:
- for courses in period 3: registration period January 8 – January 15.
- for courses in period 4: registration period March 14 – March 20.
Conditionally admitted students will not be able to register online until their eligibility has been confirmed. Please contact the academic advisors during the first week of the semester and prove your eligibility to register for the course.
Have you been admitted but cannot start the studies? If you have special reasons, you can apply for a deferment to postpone your studies and keep your place on Antagning.se.
You must submit certified copies of relevant documents supporting your special reasons to receive a deferment. Special grounds may be that your employer has postponed your leave of absence, in accordance with Swedish legislation on leave of absence for studies, that you have been drafted for basic military training, or that you have fallen ill. You send your application to the Department of Political Science for a decision on deferment.
You upload the decision on deferral at antagning.se when you send in your new application to your studies.
Request form deferment (pdf)
If you have received a conditional offer and or faced technical difficulties completing your registration, we can help you with it at the compulsory course introduction meeting. For more information on when or where this takes place, please check your welcome letter.
If you have received a conditional offer please visit the academic advisors at the department to clear any remaining eligibility requirement and finalising your course registration. Please note that this has to be done not later than the first day of the course.
Below we have gathered a few links to the central university website covering the most important practical aspects of your time as a newly admitted student:
- Student services
- Students with disabilities
- Health and insurance
- Sports and exercise
- Cultural activities
- Faith and spirituality
- Learning Swedish
Course registrations for exchange students
Exchange students shall not use the web registration for the Department of Political Science’s courses. You will instead be registered by our international coordinator Helen Fogelin.
You can find your schedule in our Schedule portal by searching on the course code or course name of the courses you are planning to study, here:
Department of Political Science
Contact Your Academic Advisor
Lidija Lindoff, room 231 B
Telephone hours: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10–12
Telephone: 046-222 89 38
Mats Janér, room 233
Telephone hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10–12
Telephone: 046-222 80 48
Daniel Alfons, room 232
Telephone hours: Thursdays 10–12
Telephone: 046-222 89 50
Feel free to book an appointment with us!
E-mail: studievagledare [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se (studievagledare[at]svet[dot]lu[dot]se)