You can find your schedule in our Schedule portal by searching on the course code or course name of the course you are interesting in.
Current freestanding courses
Many courses at the Department of Political Science are linked to a specific research project that specific teachers are involved in, and are therefore not given each term.
For the latest information on which courses that are running "your" term please see below.
- Comparative International Systems
- Diplomacy, Negotiation and Mediation
- Environmental Governance
- Experts and Democracy
- International Ethics, Justice and War
- State Making and the Origins of the International System
- Swedish Politics
- Europe in Global Affairs
- Power, Politics and the Environment
- Social Policy and Economic Performance
- War and Peace in a World in Transition
More about studying one course at a time
Admitted to one term at a time
Freestanding courses are an excellent option if you do not wish to study an entire training programme but still want to study aiming at a degree within our disciplines. Since you are admitted to one term at a time, it is a good way to try out what it feels like to study and see if our subjects suit you.
Some more advantages
- you can design your very own training program and study towards an exam with a unique profile
- you decide your course of study
- you have the opportunity to access the exact knowledge you need for your continued professional life or your personal skills
From 7.5 to 30 credits
Whatever your goal or reasons for studying you are welcome to study our courses at the bachelor and master levels. Most of the department's courses (with some exceptions), are open for you to apply for as separate courses. The courses vary in length from 7.5 credits to 30 credits.
Did you know that...
- The courses vary in length from 7.5 credits to 30 credits.
- Some courses are not offered every term because they are tied to a specific research project which a specific teacher is involved in.
- You can combine courses of your choice aiming at a unique degree.