Internship in European Affairs
The third term of the programme offers you the opportunity to get workplace experience by doing a twenty-week internship in a relevant organisation.
During this period you will be engaged in the regular activities of the organisation, working with qualified tasks related to European Affairs. You will be guided and supported by a supervisor appointed by the organisation in which the placement takes place.
It is you own responsibility to find a suitable organisation for the internship, as well as to finance travels, housing etc. The arrangements made with the organisation and the supervisor should be approved by the programme coordinator (in the form of an agreement on internship) before the internship begins.
At the end of the internship, you write an internship experience report which will be discussed and examined at a special seminar at the department. Your supervisor in the organisation will also write an assessment of your internship.
To be eligible for the course you must have one year (60 credits) of coursework within the programme Master of Science (Two Years) in European Affairs.
Organizations, Research Institutes and government agencies that have accepted students as Interns from the programme.
- SIEPS - Swedish Inistitute for European Policy Studies (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Swedish Embassy (London & Amman)
- EU Commission (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Communications Secretariat for Swedens Presidency 2009 (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Permanent Representation of the Netherlands to the EU (Brussels)
- The EU Secretariat of the Danish Folketing (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- European Office in Hordaland County Council (Bergen, Norway)
- Danish Ministry of Transportation - International Office (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Representation of Baden-Württemberg to the EU, (Baden-Württemberg, Germany)
- International Center for Democratic Transition (ICDT) (Budapest, Hungary)
- FAU- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Liason Office with the EU and Belgium (Brussels)
- Finnish National Defence University
- Oxford Research (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (Berlin, Germany)
- International Strategic Research Organization (Ankara, Turkey)
- Center for Small-States Studies (Reykjavík, Iceland)
- European Center for Minority Issues (ECMI) (Flensburg, Germany)
- BDI - Federation of German Industries (Bundsverband der Deutchen Industrie)
- Vattenfall Europe AG (Berlin, Germany)
- City of Helsingborg. Europa Direkt Skåne Nordväst.
- Öresundskomitten (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Helsingborgs stad, utvecklingsnämndens förvaltning (Helsingborg, Sweden)
- Analytica (Skopje, Macedonia)
- Czech Television (Prague, Czech Republic)